This weekend, starting tomorrow, is the best time for back-to-school shopping because it’s the Missouri Sales Tax Holiday through Sunday! You can save the sales tax on any clothing items priced under $100. Click tax holiday for more information on qualifying items. Or you can click here to hear my interview this morning on KLOU-FM about the sales tax holiday.
Plus, there are lots of events for kids going on at the local malls this weekend. Don’t miss the five characters from Yo Gabba Gabba at Chesterfield Mall on Friday from 2-8 pm and Saturday from 11-5 pm in front of Dillard’s. In addition, stores at Chesterfield Mall will have free activities for kids, including Great American Cookie Co., Raising Cane’s Chicken Fingers, Sephora, Teavana, and V-Stock, plus you can visit with the Monarch Fire Department.
Blue from Blue’s Clues will be making an appearance this weekend as well. Meet Blue at St. Clair Square Friday morning 10am-noon at the grand opening of the play area in Center Court. Plus, Blue will be at Mid Rivers from 5-7 pm. near JCPenney. On Saturday, meet Blue at West County Center near Macy’s from 12-2 pm, and at South County Center on Sunday from 12-2 pm near the Food Court.
In case you missed my “media tour” this morning, here’s a list of back-to-school fashion trends that I featured on “Show Me St. Louis,” KTVI News at 11 am and KPLR News at Noon.
- 90’s grunge – check out the plaid at Francesca’s, Charlotte Russe and Buckle.
- Layering – kids will layer graphic tee shirts with jackets, blazers and sweaters from The Children’s Place and Gymboree.
- Denim – now is the best time to buy a new pair of jeans (or five); stores have their best selections now just in time for back-to-school shopping!
- The North Face – now available at Macy’s-Chesterfield Mall.
- Uniforms – Gymboree has a wide selection of uniform pieces: khakis, polos, jumpers and more.