Spring (and pollen!) are in full swing. It’s not too long before the muggy St. Louis summer will be upon us. That means lazy days at the pool, beach vacations and, well, the need for less clothing.
Pop quiz! Does the thought of wearing a swimsuit make you:
- Not break a sweat. You have a perfectly flat stomach you don’t mind showing off.
- Bite your lip. You want to be splashing around, but after two kids you’re just not what you used to be.
- Want to hide under a table. You’re wondering if it’s okay to wear yoga pants and a sweater to the pool. (No – definitely not!).
- Hate the person who answered option a
If you’re one of the many people (men and women!) who dread the thought of putting on a swimsuit, fear not!
This season offers a lovely variety of poolside options built for any frame and designed to take your mind off those parts that you’d rather keep concealed.
My advice? Take the time to shop around for items that you’ll feel excited and proud to wear. It will pay off when you’re enjoying the sun without feeling self-conscious.
Dress right for your body type with these five picks:
- Flamingo Halter Tankini Top, Ann Taylor: Playful, well supported and distractingly adorable
- Island One Piece Swim Suit, Nordstrom: An elegant, textured swimsuit to smooth out your curves
- Kenneth Cole Reaction Long-Sleeve Laser-Cut Tunic Cover-Up, Macy’s: As light as the season, this delicate cover up hits at the low hip – just low enough to show a little leg
- Watercolor Stripe Knit Maxi Dress, J. Jill : A soft, lightweight cover up that doubles up as party dress
- AEO Cross Strap Tank Dress, American Eagle Outfitters: A simple, nautical-inspired look with a fun twist in the back