Spring is a mere 37 days away, so don’t let the cold temperatures get you down…let’s talk spring fashion! Today on “Show Me St. Louis,” I featured a preview of some of the trends we can expect to see this season.
- Fringe: Designers from Tory Burch to Marc Jacobs and even Calvin Klein showed fringe on new spring designs. It was easy to find at Chesterfield Mall, including a floral print top with fringe at Francesca’s and a Gianni Bini crop top with fringe at Dillard’s.
- Pastels: Soft colors from green to blue and pink to purple were all over the spring runways and in stores now! Check out pastel denim at Gap, and pretty pastel dresses at Dillard’s including a Gianni Bini with lace that I featured today. Pair with white and other neutrals for a totally chic look.
- Florals: If you’ve seen “The Devil Wears Prada” as many times as I have, I know your reaction will be the same as mine: “Florals for spring. Groundbreaking.” But for spring, try bold, oversize blooms for a fresh, feminine take on the trend.
- Perforated Leather: In neutral hues, this edge look feels refined – real or faux. It’s surprising to see leather for spring, but it’s easy to find in stores now, including an Antonio Melani dress from Dillard’s that I featured on “Show Me St. Louis.”
- Shirtdresses: Loose or cinched, this menswear-inspired look and fashion staple looks to be very popular for spring. I found a great chambray shirtdress at Gap, which I paired with a floral print scarf to mesh the two trends together.
- White dresses: The likes of Calvin Klein, Helmut Lang and Thakoon, plus top stylists cited a top trend for spring is the fresh palette-cleaning feel of white. I found great white dresses at Francesca’s, which I paired with beautiful pastel necklaces to add a pop of on-trend color.
- Crop Tops: To say that they’re everywhere is NOT an exaggeration, but it would be easier to list the designers that didn’t show them for spring. Check out Dillard’s, mostly in the Juniors department, to find a wide selection of crop tops.
What trends are you looking forward to for spring?