The best part about fall is the fashion! This season the runways were dominated by wanderlust prints and crayon-colored outfits for women. Men had more of a subtle look with motorcycle jackets, black denim and sleek high tops! Four of the biggest trends for women were a bold blue colors, moto jackets, animal prints and plaid! Here are the looks that I featured on Show Me St. Louis and KTVI Channel 2 News at 11 a.m. last week. All looks can be found at Chesterfield Mall.
Look 1: Plaid
There is nothing old school or prep school about this modern take on plaid! Plaid was all over the runways this fall from Marc Jacobs to Tommy Hilfiger. Here is a look that I found at H&M:
- Plaid polyester tunic for $29.95 with a white face tee for $17.95 under it. Paired with a pair of skinny jeans for $39.95.
Look 2: Cobalt Blue
When you want to stand out in a bold way step into a rich shade that is icy cool but not cold! Cobalt blues are in this fall in a big way, designers like Valentino and Michael Kors had this bold color on their runway. Here are a couple looks that I found at Francesca’s and Dillard’s Chesterfield Mall.
- Francesca’s: Blue and Black dress for $44.00.
- Dillard’s: Calvin Klein Black and Cream colorblock blouse for $79.50 and Gianni Bini Blue and Black slim trousers for $99.00.
- Dillard’s: Calvin Klein blue and black blazer for $129.00, Calvin Klein black blouse for $69.00 and Calvin Klein black skirt for $79.00.
Look 3: Moto Jackets
Motorcycle jackets have become big enough to earn themselves a nickname called Moto Jackets. They have intricately placed zippers but are just as cool as ever! Versace, Givenchy and Michael Kors all had them on their runways.
- H&M: Brown moto jacket for $49.95, White blouse for $24.95 and denim jeans for $49.95.
Look 4: Animal Prints
These patterns and textures are anything but tame! From leopard to zebra to a little snake skin you can’t go wrong with these patterns this fall. Pair these prints with solid colors like black, brown or gray. Designers from Burberry, Tom Ford, Emilio Pucci and Prada all had these bold looks on their runway. Who doesn’t want to rule the fashion kingdom?!
- Francesca’s: Cheetah print dress for $44.00
- Francesca’s- leopard print blouse for $34.00 and black skinny jeans for $44.00.
- Dillard’s- Gianni Bini cheetah print dress for $99.00.
- H&M- Snake skin and cheetah printed tight fitting skirt for $29.95 and black form fitting shirt for $12.95
- H&M- Zebra skinny jeans for $19.95 and burgundy sweater for $19.95.
Black Leather motorcycle jackets, turtlenecks, black denim and high tops were some of the top men’s fall fashion trends. Here is a look from H&M and Dillard’s at Chesterfield Mall.
- H&M: Black denim for $29.95, Black leather motorcycle jacket for $59.95 and plain white shirt for $5.95.
- Dillard’s: Polo Ralph Lauren leather and suede high top sneaker for $79.00.