Here are the Florals and Ruffles looks I featured on KPLR’s Noon News Fashion 411 segment today! In case you missed it, click here to view the segment.
Be fashionably floral this spring! Floral prints are cropping up on the runway and the Red Carpet. Haute couture was in bloom for designers Christian Dior, Prada, Ralph Lauren, and Prabal Gurung. Lucy Liu had fashion critics abuzz with her blue Carolina Herrera gown at the Golden Globes, and Adele’s red vintage Valentino gown was just as memorable as her performance at the Grammy Awards.
Modern floral prints for 2013 are stronger, edgier, and more graphic than in previous seasons. The botanical patterns use colorful, whimsical backdrops. Everyone’s style can blossom with this trend, since you can find floral prints on just about everything! One idea is to wear a relaxed pair of floral print pants with a flowy blouse. Brighten up your office with a chic dress. A cute top with colorful flowers will keep your style fresh all spring! Allover floral looks fabulous, but budding fashion mavens can stick to floral patterns on one piece paired with neutrals. Or, find lush prints on accessories: shoes, handbags, or jewelry.
Outfit from Dillard’s: floral print harem pants $39, navy button-up lace panel blouse $29
Outfit from Ann Taylor: white floral dress $128, purple shrug sweater $68
- From Kohl’s: Jennifer Lopez floral faux-wrap dress $42 (on sale)
- From Charlotte Russe: apricot sleeveless button-up $21.99, lace panel floral jacket $34.99
- From Kohl’s: Jennifer Lopez garden dream tie-front blouse, leafy summer tie-front blouse, peek-shoulder tee $40
- From Charlotte Russe: black high-waisted shorts $24.99
- From Gap: white and coral shorts $44.95
- From Charlotte Russe: scarf $9.99, black wedge sneakers $38.50
- From Ann Taylor: clutch purse $24.99 (on sale), desert sky ballet flats $39.99 (on sale)
Smooth out winter’s rough edges with breezy ruffles! Chloe, Balenciaga, Givenchy, and Gucci highlighted ruffles in their spring collections. Kim Kardashian, Jessica Biel, and Selena Gomez were all spotted wearing frilly frocks in Hollywood. “Ruffs” first appeared on necks and wrists in the 15th century, and have cycled in and out of fashion during modern times. Ruffles are making their style mark once again, so you’ll definitely want to try this super-sweet trend!
Because ruffles draw the eye, wear them wherever you’d like to give your shape a boost and keep the rest of your look sleek. You can go for traditional feminine flair with a ruffled skirt or dress. Another option is to wear a sophisticated ruffly top with a pencil skirt, blazer, cardigan sweater, or smart slacks. You can even add some edge to your frilly look, by pairing a ruffled blouse with a moto jacket, skinny jeans, and heels.
Outfit from WHBM: purple tank $44, white blazer $138, checkered ankle pants $84, printed scarf $64
Outfit from JCPenney: Duro Olowu for jcp ruffle dress $50, red necklace $25
- From Charlotte Russe: salmon tee $17.99
- From Christopher & Banks: blue cardigan $49.95
- From JCPenney: Duro Olowu for jcp cream blouse $30
- From Charlotte Russe: navy skirt $19.99