Want to be a shoe-in for best dressed this spring? Strut your stuff in a new pair of kicks (or two, or four)! This season’s footwear is all about color, clever details, and (gasp!) comfort. Here is your list of must-have shoes for spring!
- Flatforms: What do you get when you mix flats with platform shoes? Flatforms! You get the extra inches of a platform, but the flat bottom keeps your foot level and well-supported. Although flatforms have a vintage feel to them, this quirky shoe is just starting to climb up the trend ladder. Keep your feet fashion-forward with Michael Kors and DKNY’s flatforms from Macy’s.
- Chunky Wedge Sandals: Elevate your style to new heights with chunky wedge sandals. This season’s wedges are more versatile than ever – and surprisingly kind to your feet. Go for a neutral pair of cork wedges or a boho-chic pair with woven heels. Or, take a walk on the wild side in a colorful pair with a printed or studded wedge heel. These popular shoes are everywhere, but start your hunt for the perfect wedge at Buckle, Dillard’s, and Banana Republic.
- Jeweled Flat Sandals: This season, skip the boring flip-flops and go for a pair of barely-there, bejeweled sandals. The trendiest pairs come in neutral colors with sparkly embellishments on the straps. Slide your feet into a dazzling pair of sandals from Dillard’s, Macy’s, JCPenney, or Buckle.
- Cap toe shoes: Retro and ladylike with a touch of glam, cap-toe shoes are delightful alternatives to your usual flat or pump. Since last fall, this shoe has had a strong foothold on stylish shoe-lovers. To stay on-trend for spring, get a pair in black and white, tasty gelato hues, or mixed materials like cork dipped in white metal. Dip your toes into this trend at H&M, Forever 21, and JCPenney.
- Wedge Sneakers: If you’re more of a sporty spice, you will love the smart combo of height and comfort in wedge sneakers. They look cute with leggings, shorts, and jeans. And, wedge sneakers are even girls’ night out-approved when adorned with sequins or stud embellishments! Be ready for spring training with high-tops from Macy’s and Charlotte Russe.
- Floral Prints: Nothing says springtime like a pretty pair of floral print shoes! They add instant sunshine to your outfit – even during spring showers. Wear a pair of flats or pumps at the office, or enjoy a laid-back weekend in floral print tennis shoes. Get your feet in bloom with shoes from Gap, Ann Taylor, and Payless.
- Boat Shoes: You don’t have to own a yacht to anchor in this trend! Boat shoes are making waves this season in an array of colors and patterns. Stay true to the nautical theme of these casual shoes with a white, navy, or khaki pair. Or, rock the boat in an animal-print or bright-colored pair. Sail into spring with classic (and not-so-classic) boat shoes from Dillard’s and Old Navy.