1. MODERN FLORALS: Although floral prints are a spring staple, this season’s versions are stronger and edgier. Haute couture is in bloom for designers Valentino and Prabal Gurung, and florals cropped up onto the Red Carpet at this year’s Grammy and Golden Globe Awards. Find graphic florals on pants, blazers, shorts, shoes, dresses, and even trendy baseball jackets.Go to Ann Taylor, H&M, Francesca’s Collections, and Old Navy to be fashionably floral!
2. RUFFLES: Smooth out winter’s rough edges with breezy ruffles this spring! Chloe, Balenciaga, Givenchy, and Gucci highlighted ruffles in their collections. Because ruffles draw the eye, wear them wherever you’d like to give your shape a boost and keep the rest of your look sleek. You can go for traditional feminine flair with a ruffled skirt or dress, or wear tops with frilly collars or sleeves! Stop by Christopher & Banks and Body Central for flirty frocks.
3. MOD SQUAD: This season, join the mod squad with 60s style clothing! Spring collections for Louis Vuitton, Chanel, Marc Jacobs, and Michael Kors revived this iconic era known for geometric patterns and vivid colors. If a short shift dress feels too daring, try cropped skinny pants with a button-up blouse or ¾-sleeve top. Wearing a classic black-and-white color palette is also right in the groove of this trend. Visit Ann Taylor or Banana Republic for a modern style update.
4. PISTACHIO GREEN: Keep your spring style in mint condition by wearing this cool, pale green hue! Designers Oscar de la Renta, Kate Spade, and Elie Tahari made us all green with envy with the pretty pastel fashions that strolled down the runway. Check out Macy’s, Forever 21, and Gap for minty fresh sweaters, pants, dresses, and blazers. Then, visit Charming Charlie to add a pop of pistachio with a purse, scarf, or earrings.
5. GLOBAL PRINTS: Enjoy the look of a bold world-traveler – without leaving the state! Prada and Dolce & Gabbana’s models trekked down the runway in patterns inspired by Japan, China, India, and Africa. Try a cropped jacket, slouchy pants, maxidress, or miniskirt in vibrant colors, beading, and embroidery. Get your fashion passport stamped at Charlotte Russe and American Eagle Outfitters for exotic new digs, as well as at JCPenney for the new Duro Olowu collection.